Students should be studying convo 1-19 , vocab 4 and memorzing the play "La Beauté ou la Violence."
Test Thursday on Vocab 4 (gestures).
We are starting a new play/unit called "La Beauté ou la violence?" We have started learning our next set of "gestures" vocabulary. We are learning how to conjugate -er verbs. Test soon. We are up to question 18 in our daily conversation. There will be an oral evaluation when we finish question 20.
Feb 8, 2013
We have started Unit 3 La Grande Décision. We are studying avoir. Test next week. We are studying Vocabulary Poster 3. We are practising conversation 1 to 15.
Jan 22, 2013
Students have performed play "Vive le 14 juillet." Fantastique!
Practise convo 10-13.
Test Wednesday 23rd on Vive le 14 juillet.
Jan 9, 2013
We are working in our second unit with our second play "Vive le 14 juillet." Students practise and memorize their role in the play and the vocabulary from the play.
Practise conversation 1-11.
Practise Convo 1- 9 and Vocab 2. Quiz vocab 2 Tues.
Warm Hands Warm Hearts!
Please practise convo 1-6. Also, practise and memorize your roll in "Le Chapeau Echappé." Next Digital Dialects homework is "Phrases or greetings."
Please practise la Conversation 1 - 6. More Digital Dialects homework coming soon.
Homework tomorrow night will be to learn vocabulary from a game on a website called Digital Dialects. Here is the link http://www.digitaldialects.com/French.htm
Practise conversations 1-5. Make sure Vocab 1 is memorized.
The 7 Virtues of a Great Person! Do you have them!?!?!
1. Empathy- Being understanding of others
2. Concience- Sense of morality, making good decisions, choosing to behave properly
3. Self Control- Calm, being silent when others speak, paying attention, staying seated
4. Respect- Leaving your electronics ( ie. cell phone) in your locker, leaving food and drinks in your locker, except water, and being silent upon entering when you are late
5. Kindness- Helping others in the class, smiling
6. Tolerence- Being patient with others and yourself
7. Fairness- Treating everyone the same way
Other observations: homework, reviewing/studying,
Block 1-1 has already found a great app for French Games called Learn French- MindSnacks. Sign in as firstname.lastname@example.org. Password: 8919 Grove.
If you finish your work early you can play this on your phone or ask me for the ipad : )
Please bring your smart phone to class to use the following sites. If you do not have a smartphone, we supply dictionaries. Smartphones may be kept on your desk or in your backpack/purse on your chair or at back of class. Please mute phones. No texting please.
Students are encouraged to use the following online dictionnary in and outside of class: www.wordreference.com
Bonjour tout le monde!
Bienvenue à la classe de Madame Bottoni!
Evaluation and Assessment:
- Marks are posted or discussed with each student once a month with missing work noted. Once a term, students will write a progress report that will be shown and signed by their parents.
- Some of the student grade will be formative: homework and class work
- Some of the student grade will be summative: It will include a wide variety of assessment instruments including,: paragraph writing, test and quizzes, visual and written projects, oral assignments, performance/role plays. Most often, assessments and evaluations will be criterion-referenced, i.e. students will know in advance the basis upon which their work will be marked.
Each term is worth 25% of the overall year. The final exam is worth 25% of the overall year
This is an essential part of the learning process. Willingness to answer questions, work with your partner and contribute in a positive way is expected of all students.
- Students are expected to maintain an organized binder and agenda.
- Be prepared for every class with your binder, paper, a 4 colour pen, a highlighter and an agenda.
- Be on time. If late, come in quietly, sit down and join in on the activity.
- Gum, candy, food and soft drinks are not allowed. Water bottles are welcome.
- If absent, email or see Madame to find out what was missed.
- Check out Madame’s website. Go to WGSS home page, teacher’s websites, languages, Ms. Bottoni, and French 8 .
- My email: email@example.com
Here is a fabulous website to start learning and to practise vocabulary and pronunciation. Please open with Firefox or Google Chrome. You will need Adobe Flashplayer and speakers.