Bonjour! Are you practicing the "avoir"song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=puUFkMr_GyU
Don't forget to practise your conversations every night!!
Bonjour tout le monde!
Bienvenue à la classe de Madame Bottoni!
Evaluation and Assessment:
- Marks are posted or discussed with each student once a month with missing work noted. Once a term, students will write a progress report that will be shown and signed by their parents.
- Some of the student grade will be formative: homework and class work
- Some of the student grade will be summative: It will include a wide variety of assessment instruments including,: paragraph writing, test and quizzes, visual and written projects, oral assignments, performance/role plays. Most often, assessments and evaluations will be criterion-referenced, i.e. students will know in advance the basis upon which their work will be marked.
Each term is worth 25% of the overall year. The final exam is worth 25% of the overall year
Sometimes we will learn vocabulary from a game on a website called Digital Dialects. Here is the link http://www.digitaldialects.com/French.htm
The 7 Virtues of a Great Person! Do you have them!?!?!
1. Empathy- Being understanding of others
2. Concience- Sense of morality, making good decisions, choosing to behave properly
3. Self Control- Calm, being silent when others speak, paying attention, staying seated
4. Respect- Leaving your electronics ( ie. cell phone) in your locker, leaving food and drinks in your locker, except water, and being silent upon entering when you are late
5. Kindness- Helping others in the class, smiling
6. Tolerence- Being patient with others and yourself
7. Fairness- Treating everyone the same way
Other observations: homework, reviewing/studying,
Block 1-1 has already found a great app for French Games called Learn French- MindSnacks. Sign in as firstname.lastname@example.org. Password: 8919 Grove.
If you finish your work early you can play this on your phone or ask me for the ipad : )
Please bring your smart phone to class to use the following sites. If you do not have a smartphone, we supply dictionaries. Smartphones may be kept on your desk. Please silence phones. No texting please.
Students are encouraged to use the following online dictionnary in and outside of class: www.wordreference.com
This is an essential part of the learning process. Willingness to answer questions, work with your partner and contribute in a positive way is expected of all students.
- Students are expected to maintain an organized binder and agenda.
- Be prepared for every class with your binder, paper, a 4 colour pen, a highlighter and an agenda.
- Be on time. If late, come in quietly, sit down and join in on the activity.
- Gum, candy, food and soft drinks are not allowed. Water bottles are welcome.
- If absent, email or see Madame to find out what was missed.
- Check out Madame’s website. Go to WGSS home page, teacher’s websites, languages, Ms. Bottoni, and French 8 .
- My email: email@example.com
Here is a fabulous website to start learning and to practise vocabulary and pronunciation. Please open with Firefox or Google Chrome. You will need Adobe Flashplayer and speakers.